There are many ways to get involved!
1. I want to garden! Registration is $20 (+10 deposit) for a 10x10 ft. plot.
2. You can volunteer your time to help maintain and garden the community plots. All produce from these plots will be donated to NECM's food pantry and local community dinners. Please contact us if you'd like to be a volunteer at email@example.com
3. Attend a Garden Class, Workshop, or Field Trip - they are free and we welcome you to bring your friends or family.
4. Keep me informed! Sign up to be on our email list to receive news and information regarding the gardens: contact us through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (616) 755-8619.
5. Have another idea? Email us: email@example.com
How can I help out?
1. You can donate your time. We need volunteers to help with maintaining the community plots. All produce from these plots will be donated to NECM's food pantry and local community dinners. Please contact us if you'd like to be a volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can donate tools and materials (see list below).
3. You can offer a monetary donation, all donations are tax deductible; CNA (our fiduciary) is a 501(c)3.
List of items needed for the garden(s) - donations welcome!
-leaf (fan) rakes
-garden hose (ideally 3/4" diameter) up to 200' long
-"weed eater" style string trimmer (gas powered)
-shovels (round and square types)
-plastic garbage cans (60L or larger for hauling materials)
-composters (either round or square)
-trellis materials (metal poles, twine, bamboo stakes, etc.)
-newspapers (for mulch)
-straw bales (for mulch)
-woodchips (for pathways)
-compost / topsoil / potting soil
-lumber for two gates on perimeter fence
-poly "cage tanks" for water storage (clean and food-grade)
- hand held sprayers
- plant lables (paint stir sticks)
- seedling trays, peat pots
- fabric row covers
- child-sized hand tools
- anything else you think necessary or helpful